Tips from Coach Rachel
- Eat every 2-4 hours.
- Eat a lean protein with every meal.
- Eat some vegetables and/or fruit with every meal.
- Eat carbs such as breads/beans potatoes early in the morning or when you deserve them within 2 hours of working out.
- Plan to cheat! For every 10 meals, 2 of them should be for you to enjoy what you love. Don't beat yourself up about it either! You work hard, you deserve to enjoy yourself!
- Be Consistent. Try to do something everyday.
- Train the body as one big muscle. The best exercise is one in which your whole body is moving.
- Move in every direction. Forwards, backwards, sideways, twisting. The more directions your moving, the more muscles your building, and keeping your body in great proportion and balance.
- Use Interval Training. Training this way will increase strength, speed, and endurance very quickly. It also burns a ton of calories.
- Use a foam roller. This will break up the fascia around your muscles, which helps prevent injury and increases muscle development.
- Take slow deep breaths while working out. Deep breathing keeps the oxygen flowing in your working muscles and works your abs!
- Stretch well after exercising. This will help prevent injury and keep your muscles looking long and lean.